By Aaron Kiel, for Digital Book World Conference
NEW YORK — The 8th Annual Digital Book World (DBW 2017) announces a line-up of distinguished speakers, including the publishing industry’s leading executives, innovators, experts and allied partners. All of the DBW 2017 presenters—familiar faces and new voices—will help attendees get up-to-date on key issues and opportunities to plan for the coming year. The event takes place Jan. 17 – 19, 2017 in New York City, and registration and program details can be found at digitalbookworldconference.com.
People registering before December 3 will be able to attend at the lowest cost. What’s more, those signing up before then for just the Indie Authors Conference on January 19, featuring such well-known industry figures as former Writer’s Digest Publisher Jane Friedman, Data Guy and Authors Guild Executive Director Mary Rasenberger, can go for as little as $269.
“We’re thrilled about DBW 2017’s robust line-up of speakers and their inspiring, focused insights—all fresh content on key topics, real-world solutions and opportunities for publishers and their partners,” says Phil Sexton, vice president and group publisher of F+W, a Content and eCommerce Company, organizer of Digital Book World. “Under the direction of Conference Chair Ted Hill of THA Consulting, and spearheaded by six industry experts who act as program captains for their areas of expertise, the DBW 2017 agenda is a powerful educational program for the publishing community.”
Overall, DBW 2017 (@DigiBookWorld – #DBW17) includes two full days of programming that will run in four concurrent tracks (on Jan. 17 and 18). The tracks are: Editorial Acquisitions + Development; Production + Distribution; Marketing + Sales; and Data Analysis + Reporting. The three-day DBW 2017 also features the launch of DBW Indie Author: The First Conference for the New Professional Author (on Jan. 19).
Some of the highlights of DBW 2017’s distinguished speakers (presenting on Jan 17 and 18) include:
- Phil Madans, executive director of digital publishing technology, Hachette Book Group USA
- Liisa McCloy-Kelley, vice president, director eBook development and innovation, Random House
- Amanda D’Acierno, senior vice president, publisher, Penguin Random House Audio
- Kelly Gallagher, vice president, content acquisition, Ingram Content Group
- Marcus Woodburn, vice president, digital products, Ingram Content Group
- Tara Catogge, vice president, sales director, Quarto Publishing Group USA
- Ron Martinez, founder and CEO, Aer.io Retail Network and Aerbook, and former vice president of intellectual property innovation for Yahoo!
- Rick Joyce, chief marketing officer, Perseus Book Group
- Maris Kreizman, judge and editorial director, Book of the Month Club
- Katie Donelan, director of business development, BookBub
- Molly Barton, co-founder, Serial Box
- Ken Brooks, chief operational officer, Macmillan Learning
- Brendan Lattrell, founder and CEO, Grapevine
- Cliff Guren, founder, Syntopical
- Regina Brooks, lead agent and president, Serendipity Literary Agency
- Ginger Clark, literary agent, Curtis Brown
- Trish Daly, editor, Little, Brown and Company
- Kristen McLean, director of new business development, Nielsen Book
- Ralph Lazaro, vice president, Digital Products Group, Findaway
- Troy Juliar, chief content officer, Recorded Books, Inc.
- Joshua Tallent, director of outreach and education, Firebrand Technologies
- Data Guy, the tech and data wizard behind the Author Earnings website, who oversees Author Earnings’ data scraping and analysis
- Sarah Mlynowski, the New York Times bestselling author of Fishbowl, As Seen on TV, Monkey Business and Me vs. Me, among others
- Visit digitalbookworldconference.com to learn more and to register for DBW 2017. To enquire about attending, sponsoring or exhibiting, email email@example.com.
The New York Hilton Midtown is the official conference hotel for all DBW 2017 sessions, programs and lodging. Book lodging early by contacting EventSphere, the official housing partner, at 877-416-9396 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
About F+W, A Content + eCommerce Company
F+W connects passionate, like-minded groups of people to share an ongoing exchange of information, ideas and inspiration. F+W is committed to providing the very best experience for its customers across its communities – digital media, writing, design, outdoors and lifestyle, among many others. The company offers exclusive events, online learning programs, research services, custom content, books and magazines (digital and print), curated kits and other services to its millions of customers worldwide. (fwmedia.com)