You might have seen some of the sales circulars and articles floating around, but I thought I would round up a few of the savings concerning e-reading-related matters. The sales kick in at various times over the holiday season, but at least some of them (such as the Fire HD 10 tablet for $100) started today.
(Check before you buy, and if you don’t see the right price yet, wait for it.)
- Echo Dot: $29.99 ($20 off)
- All-New Echo: $79.99 ($20 off)
- Echo Plus: $119.99 ($30 off)
- Amazon Tap: $79.99 ($50 off)
- Amazon Cloud Cam: $99.99 ($20 off)
- Fire 7 Kids Edition: $69.99 ($30 off), or two for $129.98 (an additional $10 off)
- Fire HD 8 Kids Edition: $89.99 ($40 off), or two for $169.98 (an additional $10 off)
- Fire HD 10: $99.99 ($50 off)
- Fire HD 8: $49.99 ($30 off)
- Kindle Paperwhite: $89.99 ($30 off)
- Kindle: $49.99 ($30 off)
- Kindle for Kids Bundle: $69.99 ($30 off)
- Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote: $24.99 ($15 off)
Amazon is also offering some kind of four-year early shopping window for customers who use Alexa voice assistant; that begins at 5 p.m. Pacific on Wednesday, November 22.
Another sale price I noticed is that Amazon’s marked $30 off the Motorola Moto X4 that I’ve been eying for my Google Project Fi service, bringing it down to $299.99. That’s tempting enough I might just go ahead and pull the trigger on it.
Some of those prices are terrific. If I weren’t having to drop $300 on a new phone, I’d certainly be snapping up that Fire HD 10. I’ve used the Fire HD 8 for a few weeks and find it to be the perfect size of tablet for carrying around in my backpack to surf the net and watch movies on in my spare moments.
Of course, these are far from the only good deals Amazon is offering on electronics and other items this season. But these are the ones e-book readers might find most attractive.